posted Oct 18, 2013, 2:36 PM by PTSA Moderator
updated Oct 20, 2013, 4:44 PM
- This Friday come to the amphitheater and get a chance to win homecoming points for your class. Play Earth Team’s “Scores for the Environment” by throwing items into the correct bins: recycling, compost or landfill for up to 40 points. The player with the highest score gests 20 homecoming points for their class!
- Root beer & coke float sale on Tuesday after school in front of the school Floats will be sold for $1.25.
- Interested in playing 3 on 3 basketball at lunch? See Ms Vasarhely to sign up your team. Must be signed up by Friday, Oct. 25th.
- Have you checked weather.com? It’s going to be SUPER hot today. Come buy and enjoy deliciously cold popsicles and baked goods after school in front of the art building.
- Many families missed the opportunity to update student emergency information and contact authorizations including military recruitment permission. THE WINDOW HAS BEEN RE-OPENED. Go to the parent portal on AERIES (https://abi.ausdk12.org/aeriesportal). The window will close again on November 4. It is vital that all families check and update this information.
- The following colleges are visiting AHS this week: USC, Connecticut College, Dartmouth College, UC San Diego, American University, California College of the Arts, and Boston University. Please sign up at the Counseling Office.
- For students interested in the environment and sustainability, Spare the Air is putting on a youth conference on November 2nd. Participants will have to opportunity to discuss issues around global climate change and transportation. In addition, Rising Sun Energy Center is seeking applicants for their 2014 Youth Council. For more information about these opportunities, please talk to Ms. Fan at the Counseling Office.
- The Model UN Club will meet Wednesday, Oct. 23, at lunch in Room 207.
- Book Club meets today at lunch in the library.
- Science Club meeting Friday at lunch, room 313. Good and bad news regarding Science Bowl and Ocean Sciences Bowl Regionals--come because they will not be repeated.
- Feminist Society will meet on Tuesday, 10/22, in Rm 18 in the art building. New members are welcome; don’t be scared!
- buildOn meeting Tuesday, 10/22. We will discuss trek applications to Nicaragua. Come with your friends! We will also talk more about service and if you have a notebook from Pen Pals please please bring it.
- The Ocean Protection League will meet this Wednesday at lunch in Rm 304. We will be discussing a possible trip to Marine Mammal Center. Anyone and everyone interested is welcome and there will be banana bread.
- Chinese Culture Club will meet today at lunch. We will hold a discussion on the dim sum sale.