posted Nov 21, 2012, 1:30 PM by PTSA Moderator
- Sign up anytime for The AHS Blood Drive happening Dec. 4. Sign-up sheet & permission forms will be in the Attendance Office. If you are 17 or older you can sign up. If you are 16 you need to complete a parent permission form.
- Come to AHS’s Fashion’s Nigh Out on Friday, 11/30, at 4:30pm.. We feature a fashion show, dance acts, food booths, fashion contest and door prizes. Door prizes include local restaurant gift cards, bookstore gift cards, jewelry and more! Discount tickets are sold at the bookroom window this week during lunch. We are still accepting both male and female models so feel free to leave your name, grade and email to Ms. Berletti in M4. Attention current models: don’t forget to come to the mandatory dress rehearsal Tuesday after school. We’ll meet in front of the Little Theater.
- Important mandatory Ashland meeting!! You must attend this meeting for updates on the 2013 Shakespeare Festival trip. Rm 126 at lunch on Tuesday. See Ms. Fahrner for questions.
- Hats off to Alfonso Guzman and Janice Shiu, who received awards for their amazing artwork in the Foreign Language Association of Northern California's 2012 Poster Contest! This year's theme was "Languages are the Golden Gate to Culture." Alfonso won first prize in the category "Most Relevant to Theme," and was awarded a ribbon, certificate and check for $25.00. Janice received a certificate of merit for her fine work. Please congratulate these talented students when you see them on campus!
- Auditions for Theater Ensemble’s musical, “25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee,” will be after school on Monday, 11/26, and Tuesday, 11/27. You must attend BOTH days. Audition forms and monologues available after school today and the day of auditions. More information available today after school and on the Theater Ensemble Facebook page “AHS Theatre Ensemble.”
- Humboldt State University is visiting AHS on Tuesday, 11/27 at 12:00 p.m. Please sign up at the Counseling Office.
- Berkeley City College will be hosting an orientation for interested students on Saturday, 12/1, from 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. You can pick up a flyer with Ms. Fan at the Counseling Office or from the PTSA announcements page.
- Come to the Latino Pride meeting today during lunch in Rm 104. It’s an important meeting. New members welcome!
- The Japanese Club will have a meeting this Tuesday at lunch in Ms. Fujiwara’s room. New members welcome!