posted May 28, 2013, 2:45 PM by PTSA Moderator
Block B Schedule
- Extra garbage cans have been placed in the hallways for locker cleanup. Students in grades 9-11 may keep their current locker. Seniors must empty their lockers before graduation.
- Come hear the fabulous sounds of the Albany High Jazz Band and Rhythm Bound for the last show of the year at Ashkenaz, on Sunday, June 2nd! One show starting at 7 p.m. will showcase these great student bands, and provide a big sendoff to the graduating seniors. Tickets are $15 for adults and $10 for students. For tickets, contact a student in any of these bands, or contact Suzanne Schrift at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tickets will also be available at the door. This is a fundraiser for Albany Music Fund.
- Graduation tickets will be given out after school daily to any senior without fines or “in danger of” in the main office.
- Seniors: There is one last panoramic picture left for purchase in the attendance office. The cost is $18.
- ALL library books are now due back to the library! See Ms. Oremland if you want to make any special arrangements.
- There will be a mandatory planning meeting for the VENTURE program on Thursday at lunch in room 202. All VENTURE students should attend -- bring your lunch! If you cannot attend please check in with Ms Walden or Ms. Tremblay. Let the ad-VENTURE begin!
- Students enrolled in AP English for 2013/2014: Come to one of two mandatory summer work meetings at lunch in room 206, Monday June 3 or Tuesday June 4. Questions/conflicts -- see Mr. Purdom or Ms. Chiarella.
- Students enrolled in Honors English for 2013: Come to one of two mandatory summer work meetings at lunch in room 214, Wednesday June 5 or Thursday June 6. Questions/conflicts see Mr. Purdom, Ross or Ms. Surowitz.
- Incoming AP Comparative Government students will pick up their summer assignments at one of two mandatory meetings: Thursday, May 30, or Friday, May 31, in Room 207 at lunch.
- Are you still looking for a summer job? Or planning ahead for an on campus job in college? The Albany Aquatic Center is offering a lifeguard certification course from June 17 to June 27. Stop by for more information.
Clubs and Teams
- Tea Club meeting today at lunch in Rm 208 with lemon bars and various teas.
- Key Club meeting today during lunch in Rm 302
- The Model UN Club will meet this Wednesday at lunch in Rm. 207. Please attend as this will be the club's final meeting this year, and we will be discussing important issues concerning next year's plans.
- Attention Athletes! Please be sure to return your team uniforms to your coach or the main office as soon as possible. If you do not return your uniforms, then you will be issued a fine card and expected pay for the replacement of your uniforms.