posted Apr 30, 2013, 3:52 PM by PTSA Moderator
STAR Testing Schedule
- Thursday, May 2nd:
Attention students in next year's VENTURE program: There will be an important organizing meeting after school on Thursday in room 202. If you can't come you should contact Ms. Walden or Ms. Tremblay. See you after school on Thursday in room 202.Come out and support our ONLY senior on the AHS Softball Team, Sasha Kramer, as she plays in her last home softball game as an AHS athlete. The game will take place TODAY at Cougar Field at 3:30pm. See you there!Does your bike need a tune up? The Bike Mobile and Bike Blender will be here on Thursday, May 2nd! Bring your bike for free repairs during lunch or after school in the quad. Come work out and make yourself a smoothie on the Bike Blende, sponsored by the Safe Routes to Schools Program and the AHS Earth Team.Placement exams for Spanish (Room 213), Mandarin (Room 212) and French (Room 210) will be given this Thursday, May 2, at 3:30 to students new to AHS or the World Languages program. Students should register with their counselors, who will then forward to proctors a list of students and language levels to be tested.The Albany Arts and Green Festival will be held in Memorial park on May 19 from 11 am to 3pm and there will be music food and fun! If you would like to volunteer before, during, or after the festival, sign up in the attendance office! This is a great opportunity to join in on the fun and help out the community!The gym will be open for basketball at lunch today and Friday. Come get your hoop on for the last weeks of open gym for the year.IM Softball is fast approaching. Last IM sport of the year. Rosters need to be turned into Ms Vasarhely by Friday, May 3rd. Team must include 5 men and 5 women with no more than 1 varsity baseball and softball player per team as well as an appropriate team name.
- 7:40 – 8:40(10th Grade) CST Life Science Test Part 1: 10th Grade only
- 8:50 – 10:50(Grade 9-11) CST Science End of Course Part 1 & 2
- 10:50 – 11:00 Break
- 11:05 – 11:50 1st period
- 11:55 – 12:40 3rd period
- 12:40 – 1:25 Lunch
- 1:30 – 2:15 5th period
- 2:20 – 3:05 7th period
Clubs and Teams:
- Key Club meeting in Rm 302 during lunch today.
- The Model UN Club will meet today at lunch in Room 207. The meeting is mandatory for all students attending the UC Davis Model UN Conference.
- The Ocean Protection League will meet today at lunch in Rm 304. We will be discussing a possible bake sale and be making posters. See you there!
- Please excuse boys’ tennis team players at 9:00 today.
- Please dismiss the softball team for their game and Senior Day against El Cerrito at 2:00PM.