posted Apr 30, 2012, 4:07 PM by PTSA Moderator
STAR Testing Schedule (on AHS website
- **LAST CHANCE TO PRE-ORDER 2012 YEARBOOKS**
Attention all students who would like to go to the Presidential Inauguration next year: there will be a meeting in M-3 Thursday, May 3rd, at lunch to discuss the trip and plan some fundraising events. There is still time to sign up to go to DC. Come to the meeting or talk to Ms. Hudson to find out more. Hope to see you Thursday at lunch!Congratulations to the AHS Jazz Ensembles for their great work at this year’s Reno Jazz Festival! The AHS Jazz Band took 1st place in B Division (2 years in a row!). The AHS Jazz Lab placed 5th in the Apprentice II division--this is the best JL has done at this festival ever. The Reno Jazz Festival is the largest jazz festival on the west coast featuring nearly 6,000 students from 300+ schools.Residency Verification will begin for last names starting with I-P May 1 - May 25. Please bring the following required documents to the District Office:
- Yearbook pre-orders will be available until Friday, May 11. The cost is $90.
- Cash or checks made out to AHS. Orders or Questions? See Ms. Chiarella in Rm. 206/214.
Seniors: you will attend a mandatory assembly from 9am to 11am on Thursday, May 3rd, regarding senior graduation requirements and California Highway Patrol laws in the Little Theater.Come see Mr. Gamba’s 5th annual last play ever! AMS is putting on “Last Plane to Nashville,” a musical poking fun at Mr. Izumizaki and Mr. Zablackus. Play dates are: May 3 @ 4pm and Friday, May 5 & Saturday, May 5 @ 7:30pm in the AHS Little Theater. Tickets are $10.Today’s lunch menu:
- 1. property deed/2011-12, property tax bill or rental agreement
- 2. Two additional forms of proof: utility bill, bank statement, paycheck stub, W-2 Form, State or Federal statements or notices.
- 3. Parent's government issued photo ID.
- Please note the hours for residency verification have changed: Monday/Wednesday/Friday 8:30-12:30; Tuesday/Thursday 1:00 -4:00.
- Deli Sandwiches, Salad/Sandwich Bar, Chicken Burrito, and Pasta w/Meat Sauce
- Vegetarian menu: Salad Bar, Fruit, Juice, or Milk
- Attention Juniors: If you participated in Job Shadow Day last week, we hope you had a blast. There will be a lunch meeting tomorrow (Wednesday) in the Little Theater for evaluations and thank-you notes. We want your feedback and food will be provided.