posted Mar 12, 2012, 4:08 PM by PTSA Moderator
Block A Schedule
- Congratulations to the AHS Model UN Club members who received awards at the Berkeley Model UN Conference this weekend! Brian Juarez, Lauren Kim, Wendy Li, Connie Ma, Chris Mullaney and Yvette Zou won research and writing awards; Brian and Chris were also commended for their performance in Conference deliberations. Finally, Maddie Johnson and Spencer Perry were chosen by their fellow delegates in the Security Council simulation to address the more than six hundred students at the closing session of the Conference.
- Dearest Citizens: Which children's book character would be the best president? Would Harold and his purple crayon sponsor public works projects? How do you picture the Queen of Hearts' foreign policy? Vote for your favorite classic children's book characters all month in the library.
- EDSET informational meeting at lunch Thursday, March 15th in M4.
- Students interested in Journalism & Broadcast Journalism for the 2012/2103 school year should attend a sign-up meeting at lunch on Thursday March 15 in room 214. Live demonstration on Broadcast Journalism will be held in the atrium Wednesday @ lunch. Q & A session Friday, lunch, Rm. 109.
- Student’s (No Freshmen) interested in yearbook for next year should meet Friday, lunch, Rm. 214. No prior experience needed. Questions? See Ms. Chiarella in room 214 or 206.
- Students interested in traveling to Costa Rica, come to an info meeting Fri., lunch, Rm. 211. Nos Vemos!
- World Language have swag!!! Attend the Int’l Potluck this Friday, 5-7pm in the MPR. Sign up with your teacher, bring food, and enjoy a fun evening of yummy treats, singing, trivia contest, raffle prizes and culture! Swag-alicious!
- Today’s lunch menu:
- Deli Sandwiches, Garden/Sandwich Bar, Pork Burrito, & Mac N Cheese
- Vegetarian menu: Mac N Cheese, Sandwich & Salad Bar, Juice, Fruit & Milk
- buildOn Club – today, lunch, Rm. 206
- Model UN – Wednesday, lunch, Rm. 207
- If you are interested in participating in the ASU diversity dance, meet Thursday, lunch, Rm. 214
- Workouts for the 2012 Albany Cougar Football Team have started and take place every Monday, Wednesday and Thursday @ 3:30pm in the weight Room.
- Please excuse the Men’s Tennis Team @ 2pm today.