posted Jan 11, 2013, 3:43 PM by PTSA Moderator
- Winter Ball will be held on Saturday, 1/26, starting at 8:00pm. The theme is Winter Wonderland! Get free tickets through a public proposal. Sign up for them on the leadership bulletin board in the atrium. Otherwise tickets will be $25.
- Petitions for second semester schedule changes will be available in the main office starting Wednesday January 17th and are to be returned back to the main office by January 19th at 2:15pm. Please remember our classes are year long and there has to be a compelling reason for a change.
- Are you thinking about what you might want to do for a summer job? Become a swim instructor and teach skills that can save lives. Make a difference! Pays better than most jobs you can find at the mall. The Albany Aquatic Center is offering the American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Course, designed to help you develop skills for instruction, organization, and presentation while teaching fundamental aquatic skills. Sign up now. Class begins on February 18.
- The Albany Aquatic Center will also be offering First Aid and CPR courses throughout the Spring. It is valuable knowledge for babysitters, athletes, and for anyone who wants to learn how to respond in an emergency situation. Get certified!
- Come out and watch the Varsity Boys Basketball team take on John Swett tonight at 6:00pm in the AHS gym. Admission will be FREE for all Albany High School Students. You can also come out and watch De Anza take on Kennedy at 4:30pm and Salesian vs. El Cerrito at 7:30pm. All games will take place in the AHS gym.
- Attention Seniors! Want free money for college? Then come to the Cash for College Workshop on Wednesday, Jan. 30th at 6:30 p.m. in the school library. We will review details regarding the FAFSA, and you and your family will get the chance to complete the FAFSA on the computer that evening. Financial aid specialists will be available to help you if you have any questions. For more information, please talk to Ms. Fan at the Counseling Office.
- Don’t miss the opportunity to apply to the Kiwanis Club of Berkeley scholarship program. Pick up the application in the counseling office and return by March 1, 2013.
- Latino Club meeting in Rm 104 at lunch today. Important meeting!
- Debate Club -- meets today at lunch in Rm. 201. There will also be prep afterschool today for Public Forum debaters only.