posted Feb 26, 2013, 4:37 PM by PTSA Moderator
Block B Schedule
- Do you have dead batteries that need recycling? Drop them off in the main office or the library in the battery recycling containers courtesy of the Ocean Protection League.
- Attention AP students, all AP test sign-up forms and payment are due to the Counseling office by this Friday, March 1st. Please talk to Ms. Fan if you have any questions.
- Learn how to manage your own business -- by running a store here on campus! The Venture program is a new course sequence for sophomores and juniors in business accounting and business design. Learn by doing! Work in a team to manage the store, do the books, and design promotional materials and create new products. Come to an informational meeting for the Venture Program this Friday at lunch in room 202.
- The absolute deadline to sign up to AP or Honors English is Friday March 1 at 3:00 p.m. Please see Mr. Purdom in room 214 if you have questions.
- Please be advised that the Counseling Department will be electronically submitting GPAs for Cal Grant verification. In order to be in compliance we are required to submit your social security number with the GPA. Please be sure to check with the Counseling Office that we have your social security number on file. Do this ASAP - you will not be considered for Cal Grants without a valid social security number.
- The Albany High Earth Team and Food Shift are hosting a screening of the film Dive, a documentary about America’s landfills. The screening will take place on Wednesday, February 27, at 7:00 pm in the Little Theater for a suggested donation of $5. Some teachers will be offering extra credit for attendance.
- The Albany High Golden Sneaker contest starts next week. Students in participating science classes will record their method of transportation to school each day and the class that reduces their carbon footprint the most over the two week period will win free pizza.
- Best Buddies Tie Dye T-shirt Party Thursday, February 28th Lunchtime Room 219 Bring something to tie dye!
- Key Club meeting in Rm 302 today at lunch.
- The Ocean Protection League will be having a meeting today at lunch in Rm 304 with pie. See you there.
- The Model UN Club will meet today at lunch in the Little Theater. The meeting is mandatory for all students attending the Berkeley Model UN Conference.
- Game Design meeting this Thursday at lunch in Rm 213.
- Please release varsity baseball athletes at 1:45 for an away game today.