posted Feb 11, 2013, 3:43 PM by PTSA Moderator
Block A Schedule
- Later Start Time Proposal: The Instructional Improvement Council is sponsoring a meeting for students about its proposal to implement later start times at Albany High School starting in the fall of 2013. The meeting will take place on Wednesday, February 13th during Advisory in the Little Theater. Please sign up in the Attendance Office.
Anyone who is interested in joining tech for the Theater Ensemble spring production, “And Then There Were None,” please come to the Little Theater at lunch today for an informational meeting.If you have signed up for the PTPS SAT class, this is a reminder that classes start this week in Rooms #215 and #217 at 3:30 p.m. Are you thinking about what you might want to do for a summer job? Become a swim instructor and teach skills that can save lives. The Aquatic Center is offering the American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Course, designed to help you develop skills for instruction, organization, and presentation while teaching fundamental aquatic skills. Sign up now. Class begins on February 18.Last call for Valentine's Grams sales! Today at lunch and after school. Don't miss this final chance to get something fun and entertaining for your friends, teachers, and loved ones!All participants in trip to Europe this week – mandatory check in meeting today at lunch in Rm 215. Very important final details available.
- The goal of the meeting is to provide information to students about the proposed change and to gather input. There will be brief presentations by student members of the IIC and Challenge Success committees. There will also be an extended time for questions and comments by students. At the meeting, students will be able to provide input that will be brought to the next IIC meeting on February 25th.
- If you'd like to see the specifics of the IIC's Later Start Proposal, it can be found on the AHS website.
- There will be a Korean Culture Club meeting today at lunch in Rm M1. Everyone who loves Korean culture is welcome to join us.
- buildOn meeting today at lunch in Rm 206. We will be checking in on coffee sale progress. New members welcome!
- There will be a lunchtime meeting for those interested in Dance 2 for either PE 2 or fine art credit on Tuesday, February 26 in the Little Theatre.
- The Model UN Club will meet on Wednesday at lunch in the Little Theater. Club members should be ready to practice public speaking!
- The Ocean Protection League (formerly known as the Ocean Protection Club) will have an important meeting regarding carpools for beach clean ups Wednesday at lunch in Rm 304 with pie.
- Urgent Arab Student Union meeting this week on Thursday, 2/14, during lunch in Rm 207. Newcomers welcome.
- Come to Art Club’s first studio night Wednesday the 13th from 4:00-7:00pm in Rm 128. There will be a figure drawing workshop. Materials are provided and there will also be snacks.
- Please excuse the varsity baseball team at 1:45 today for a scrimmage game at Miramonte and the JV baseball team needs to be excused at 2:00 for a scrimmage game at Ocean View.