posted Apr 16, 2012, 8:26 PM by PTSA Moderator
Block A Schedule
- “Pie the Teacher Day” event is Wednesday, April 18. Pay $1 for each pie and you can get a chance to throw a pie at the following teachers: Mr. Castle, Mr. Becker, Mr. Bailes, Ms. Buck-Bauer, Ms. Risk, Mr. Barker, Ms. Fujiwara and Mr. Barone.
- Please join us to celebrate Albany Music Fund's 10th Anniversary at the Spring Fling on Friday April 20th from 7-10 p.m. at Albany's own Veteran's MemorialBuilding. Be serenaded by choirs of angels - that is elementary and high school students from most of the Albany schools. Dance to the lively beats of "Rhythm Bound." Tickets will be $20.00 for adults and $10.00 for students, and they are available at the door or at: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/237622
- Albany residents will be required to re-verify your Albany address between April 2 and June 29. If your last name begins with A-H ~ you must provide proof of your residence at the District office between April 2-April 27. See the AHS website for other dates.
- With summer just around the corner the Albany Aquatic Center is actively seeking Lifeguards and Swim Instructors. Desirable candidates must be 15 years of age or older enjoy the water, outdoors, children and have a current American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification. Candidates without Lifeguard Training are encouraged to apply. Please visit our website at www.ausdk12.org to download an application.
- Today’s lunch menu:
- Deli Sandwiches, Salad/Sandwich Bar, Mac n Cheese, & Chili Verde Burrito
- Vegetarian menu: Beans, Rice, Cheese Burrito, Fruit, Juice, or Milk
- Please wish the members of the Ocean Sciences Bowl team – Capt. Juneyoung Jeong, Morgan Chen, Kevin Sun, Tony Wang, and Amy Xie – success in their competition at the national tournament in Baltimore this week.
- buildOn Club – today, lunch, Rm. 206. Anyone can come contribute to building a school in Nepal!
- Model UN Club – Wednesday, lunch, Rm. 207.