posted Jan 10, 2017, 5:10 PM by PTSA Moderator
Block B Schedule
- Wondering why there are tables and chairs under the stairs in the atrium? It is our new drop in tutoring spot. Starting Monday January 9th, there will be drop-in tutoring Monday-Thursday at lunch. Arrive at the very beginning of lunch because Tutors will be matched on a first-come first-served basis. Stop on by and get the help you need for finals!
- The lost and found will be donated next Wednesday the 18th. Check for lost items in the attendance office.
- Stop by the Soccer Without Borders Club bake sale outside of school today to help children integrate into their community through soccer.
- Handmade Pulsera bracelets are now available for $5. These bracelets are made by independent Nicarguan artist and provide them with a decent living wage. They will be sold January 11 – 25 @lunch in the atrium.
- Come support music in Albany Schools and hear some great jazz music by the award-winning AHS Jazz Band and Jazz Lab ensembles and AMS Jazz Band at Yoshi's @ Jack London Square Tuesday, January 31 at 8 pm Tickets are $20 prepaid and are on sale now through Jan. 20. Ask a student in any of these ensembles for tickets or purchase at yoshis.com. This is always a fun evening and usually sells out, so get your tickets now!
- Calling all hot chocolate lovers! Tomorrow morning Earth Team will be hosting Cocoa for Carpools! Carpoolers are invited to stop by and grab a cup of Starbucks hot chocolate outside the art building before school. There will be treats for walker and bikes as well.
- Don't miss the AHS Dance Department's Winter Showcase Thursday, January 12 at 7 pm and Friday, January 12 at 6:30 and 8:30 pm in the Little Theater. Come support your favorite dancers from Dance 1, Dance 2, Albany Dance Company, and Albany Hip Hop Crew. $5 donation appreciated.
- Attention...Due to gym conflicts and lunchtime academic conflicts in the next 3-4 weeks, Coed Lunchtime 6 on 6 Indoor Soccer will be cancelled at this time. I apologize for the inconvenience. Next up will be coed 6 on 6 volleyball starting in February. Details for volleyball will be given in the next week or two.
- Human Contact Club brings you the contact word of the day: pander – to gratify or indulge.
- If you are a president of a club please check your school email for the date of your yearbook club photo. All photos are in the atrium at lunch. If you already missed your scheduled date please contact Kali Lucas through school email to rearrange. Thanks.
College and Career
- For those of you that did not submit your form on time, it is not too late. The process now is to come to the Counseling Office to have the bottom half filled out by your counselor. The document will only be filled out during the following: before school, break, lunch, after school or your free period. You will be responsible for mailing the document to the address listed on the back of the Cal Grant Verification form.
Clubs and Teams
- BSU Today Lunch Rm 104
- Key Club Today Lunch Rm 302
- Model UN Club Today Lunch Room 207. All students interested in attending the Berkeley or Davis conferences should plan to attend.
- Best Buddies Potluck Thursday Lunchtime Room 219 There is a sign-up sheet to bring food outside Room 219.
- Interested in participating on a spring sports team? Then be sure to complete your online athletic registration by Thursday, Feb. 2nd at 3:00pm. Current medical forms must be uploaded to your athletic registration…no hard copies will be accepted. If you already played on an AHS sports team this year, then just log on to your registration account and update your registration for the sport you want to play. Athletic registration information can be found at GoAlbanyAthletics.org