posted Apr 4, 2017, 6:43 PM by AHS Webmaster
Block B Schedule, International Food Day
International Food Day Schedule:
8:10 – 9:42 Period 2
9:42 – 9:52 Break
9:57 – 11:29 Period 4
11:34 – 12:05 Advisory
12:05 – 12:20 International Food Day
12:20 – 1:05 Lunch
1:10 – 2:42 Period 6
- Congratulations to the instrumental and vocal music departments for their wonderful CMEA performances over the past two weekends! Concert choir scored an excellent, Treble chamber & Chamber singers both scored unanimous superiors; Symphonic band, Wind ensemble, and the high school orchestra also all scored unanimous superiors! Thank you for your hard work!
- Cheer our school’s swimmers at Cougar’s last Home Swim Meet of the season, Thursday, 4/6, 3:30 – 5:15pm. Senior Swimmers will be honored. Join the team at the Albany pool after school.
- Why did the pescatarian join the swim team? Because they like swimming meets! Join AHS swim team (and eat other meats) at Chipotle this Wednesday from 4pm -9pm for their fundraiser! Don’t forget to pick up after in the Main Office!
College and Career:
- Attention Students taking the AP Language exam. We will be holding a review session on Thursday, 4/6 from 6 – 7:30pm in room 109A. We will be covering the multiple choice section and rhetorical analysis essay. Attendance is optional. More details about a second review session after break!
- Study abroad in Spain, France, Italy, Costa Rica, or China this summer for college credit! With SPI Study Abroad traditional classrooms take a backseat to exciting language adventures around the city, conversations with locals, and journeys where history, art, and culture come to life! College credit possible. Enrollment Deadline is April 15, 2017. For more information visit spiabroad.com or call 866-502-7505.
- Latino Seniors, please sign up for Latina Graduation if you haven’t done so. Contact miss Valadez-Soto for information.
- Cougars: This is the last week to make the Graduate for Mas pledge. Will we win $500 or $1,000? It all depends on you… So, go to getschooled.com to register and complete the attendance badge today!
- Seniors: Berkeley City College will be in the Little Theater, Thursday April 6th during lunch to discuss how to register, enroll in classes, placement tests and how to transfer to a 4 year university. If you plan to go to a different community college, still come because the process of applying is the same for all community colleges.
Clubs and Teams:
- Best Buddies Spring Event, Thursday, April 6th, Lunchtime in Room 219.
- Key Club will be selling Boba from Shiny Tea for $4 on International Food Day1
- One Heart Thursday at Lunch in Room 211.
- Girls JV Softball @ 2:00
- Boys V Baseball @ 2:30