posted Feb 6, 2017, 7:28 PM by PTSA Moderator
Block A Schedule
- Congratulations to the Albany High School Science Olympiad students who won a total of 33 medals in 13 events at the Science Olympiad Invitational in Mountain House on Saturday: Brandon Chen, Ishaan Das, Liam Henson, Cara Higgins, Amal Kaduwela, Philip Lee, Thomas Lee, William Li, Emily Lu, Jonathan Luo, Sage Sherman-Howell, Linus Sun, Elvin Xu, and Yunfan Zhong.
- The AMC is this afternoon! Come with a pencil but no calculator!
- Course presentations today during lunch will be for Venture Rm 202 and Build & Design Rm 301.
- Let's Bring Change 2 Mind Club is all about de-stigmatizing mental illness. We are hosting a movie night on Friday Feb. 10th from 5:45-8PM. Come watch Perks of Being a Wallflower and enjoy free pizza and other snacks! Food in 109A, movie to follow in 109B. Bring your friends and a pillow. (Ask your IHS teacher about extra credit)
- Varsity Girls Soccer Team will travel to El Cerrito in the TCAL Semifinals on Tuesday, Feb. 7th at 6:00pm. Come out and support our team. Admission is $5.00 for adults, $2.00 for students.
- Tonight is Senior Night! Come out and support the girls’ basketball team against El Cerrito at 5 to 9pm in the Cougar gym.
- February 15th is the final deadline for Global Navigator Scholarships to study abroad this summer.
- Valentine’s Grams on sale all week at lunch and after school in front of the Art Building! Be sure to send your friends, teachers and loved ones personalized cards and songs they won’t forget!
- The Vocal Showcase is this Thursday, February 9th, in the Little Theater at 7:00pm. Come support AHS Vocal Music Department. Original songs will be showcased!
- Due to a lack of teams for IM Lunchtime Volleyball, unfortunately there will be no volleyball tournament scheduled for this year. However, there will be open gym volleyball play for all who wish to come play on Mondays and Fridays at lunch, starting this Friday, Feb. 10th. Come to the gym to get your bump, set, spike on.
College and Career
- Attention Seniors: Have you thought about taking a Gap Year after high school, but not sure what you want to do with it? Consider about traveling around the world! If this opportunity interests you, sign up with Ms. Parrott in the Counseling Office to visit with Rustic Pathways next week.
- This is the last week to register for AP Exams before the late fee kicks in. Visit bit.ly/AHSAP17 to sign-up today!
- Are you planning to pursue a degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics or physics? If so, you should apply for the Northrop Grumman Scholars program. The application may be obtained online at http://www.northropgrumman.com/. The deadline is this Saturday, February 4, 2017. Contact the Program Manager via e-mail at Scholars@ngc.com, if you have any questions.
Clubs and Teams
- Hapa Club Today Lunch Rm 218 There will be food.
- Red Cross Club Today Lunch Rm 209 We will have a guest speaker
- Bio Club - Today - Lunch - Room 306
- Model UN Club Wednesday, February 8, Lunch Room 207
- BSU Wednesday Lunch Rm 104
- Key Club Wednesday Lunch Rm 302
- Best Buddies Valentine Day Party Thursday Lunchtime Room 219