posted Feb 1, 2017, 8:07 PM by PTSA Moderator
Block A Schedule
- Black History Month began as “Negro History Week” which was created in 1926 by Carter G. Woodson, a noted African American historian, scholar, educator and publisher.
- Notice the new redwood benches around school? The Design+Build students designed these benches in CAD (Computer-Aided Design) class and built them in the Carpentry shop at Laney College. To find out more about Design+Build, come to the info meeting in room 301 on Tuesday February 7th.
- Tomorrow the library will be closing at 3:15 pm instead of the usual 3:40.
- Art Club is doing a mural after school Friday (February 3rd) and Monday (February 6th). Please come help out. If you can’t make these dates please check the Art Club calendar in Rm 128 for alternates.
- Monday February 6th counselors will present information about selecting courses for next year to 9th -11th grade students in the Little Theater. Students, please go straight to the Little Theater. Do not report to your class. Period 3: 11th grade Period 4: 10th grade Period 5: 9th grade
- Course presentations today during lunch in the Little Theater will be for AP/Honors English.
- The Winter Assembly is tomorrow. We will be on a Block B Assembly Schedule. Students will go to the assembly with their fourth period class.
Valentine's Grams start next week! Get ready for Vocal Soul's singing and personalized cards to your friends and loved ones!Rosters with team name for lunchtime co-ed volleyball must be turned into Mrs. Vasarhely-Berberian no later than Friday, Feb. 3rd. Come out and support the Varsity Girls Soccer team as they host Salesian in the first round of the TCAL playoffs at Cougar Field this evening at 6:00pm. Admission is $5.00 for adults, $2.00 for students. The first 25 students to arrive will be admitted FREE! February 15th is the final deadline for Global Navigator Scholarships to study abroad this summer, so fill out an application at ciee.org/high-school-summer-abroad/. Informational brochures are available in Room 213.
- Block B Assembly Schedule
- 2nd period - 8:10-9:42
- break 9:42-9:52
- 4th period - 9:57-11:29
- Assembly 11:34-12:20
- Lunch 12:20-1:05
- 6th period 1:10-2:42
College and Career
- PTPS' free after-school SAT prep classes start next week at AHS? Sign-up today at bit.ly/AHSPTPS17.
- AP Students please note: The link to register for APs this year has changed to bit.ly/AHSAP17. That's bit.ly/AHSAP17. Don't hesitate; don't be late... Sign-up today! If you have already registered and paid this year, you're all set.
- Are you planning to pursue a degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics or physics? If so, you should apply for the Northrop Grumman Scholars program. The application may be obtained online at http://www.northropgrumman.com /. The deadline is this Saturday, February 4, 2017. Contact the Program Manager via e-mail at Scholars@ngc.com, if you have any questions.
Clubs and Teams
- Best Buddies Today Lunch Room 219
- OneHeart Today Lunch Rm 211
- Athletic registration deadline is today at 3:00pm. Athletic registration information can be found at GoAlbanyAthletics.org