posted Apr 12, 2017, 8:53 AM by AHS Webmaster
College and Career:
- Biology Club would like to congratulate the following students for their 2nd place win at the Bioengineering Competition 2 weeks ago (sponsored by Cal Bioengineering Honor Society), Wendy Liu (10th grade), Jerry Min, Omar Ibrahim, Caleb Williams, Trevor Ryan ( are all 9th graders) won with a project “Utilizing Snails to Biodegrade PET Plastics by Cultivating Bacteria Inside Their Digestive Tract.” This is Albany’s first win in this competition in which several Bay Area schools attend. Recognition also goes out to the members of Team A and Team B for creative entries. If you want to know more about the Cal Bioengineering Competition, come to Biology Club in Room 306 Tuesday’s at lunch.
- A dream, a story, high school, insanity. It’s hard to tell isn’t it? AHS Theater Ensemble presents Mirror Mirror by Sarah Treem. Shows will be April 20th through 23rd at the AHS Little Theater. Information is posted around the school.
Clubs and Teams:
- The sixth review session for the AP Comparative Government exam will be held Monday evening, April 17, at 7pm in Room 207.
- Attention Seniors- The Joseph & Dorothy Villa Rotary Scholarship Award is now available to be picked up in the counseling office – it is due April 28th, 2017. Please come by and check out this and other available scholarship applications.
- Good news Cougars … The Graduate for Mas Challenge has been extended! This means AHS still has opportunity to earn a $500 grant from GetSchooled.com. All you have to do is complete the Attendance Badge. Ask the G4M Ambassadors Maria, Ayana’a, Maia, Angela, and Rose for details,