posted Apr 20, 2017, 6:59 PM by PTSA Moderator
Block B Schedule
- On April 25th at 7pm, all students are invited to the meeting at the AHS Little Theater hosted by the School Board to discuss the recent events and methods of moving forward. Come out and speak!
- Seniors! You may qualify for the Seal of Biliteracy, which is an award from the State of California. Stop by the Counseling Office to pick up the form and view the requirements. Forms are due to Counseling no later than Friday, April 28th.
- Hey Cougars! The Spring Blood Drive is next Wednesday, April 26th! Sign up to give blood on the Leadership board in the Atrium. Minors must fill out a parental consent form – available online or on the Leadership board.
- Hey Seniors! Achievers will be distributing student grad orders today during lunch in the Atrium. Cap and gowns will be distributed at a later date.
- The Lost and Found will be donated next week. Check in the attendance office for lost items.
- A dream, a story, high school, insanity. It’s hard to tell isn’t it? AHS Theater Ensemble presents Mirror Mirror by Sarah Treem. Shows will be April 20th through 23rd at the AHS Little Theater. Information is posted around the school.
College and Career
- The final review session for the AP Comparative Government exam will be held Monday evening, April 24th at 7pm in Room 207.
- AP Students: Are you taking the AP Bio exam? Join Kaplan for a FREE online Prep Session this weekend. Register@kaptest.com/appreciation.
- Good news Cougars… The Graduate for Mas Challenge has been extended! This means AHS still has opportunity to earn a $500 grant from GetSchooled.com. All you have to do is complete the Attendance Badge. Ask the G4M Ambassadors Maria, Ayana’a, Maia, Angela, and Rose for details.
- In next week’s College visit line-up, we have: The University of Warwick. Times and locations are listed in the College Visits section in Naviance, in the Calendar on the AHS website and on the sign-up sheet in the Counseling Office. Space is limited so sign-up today!
- Are you interested in a career in Graphic Arts? Cosmetology? Construction Management? Business? Then check out Laney College’s Career & Technical Education Open House on Saturday, April 29th! This event will be hosted from 10am – 2pm and will feature information on Laney’s many Career & Technical fields. If you are interested- stop by the counseling office and see Ms. Durell or send her an email to get event registration information.
Clubs and Teams
- Vote, vote, vote! Elections are now open! Check your school emails to vote!
- Bubble Fest has been rescheduled to this Friday at lunch! Join us in the amphitheater outside with picnic blankets and your lunch. We’ll provide the bubbles!
- SHS a biiHS
- Boys JV Baseball @ 2:00
- Boys V Baseball @ 2:20
- Boys/Girls Swimming @ 2:30