- AUSD SUMMER SCHOOL AUSD Summer School is currently enrolling students. This 4-week, free program will be held from June 25 - July 20 with a holiday taken on July 4. The program will be held at Cornell Elementary School. The courses being offered are English and History. Students who have failed an English or History class and need to make up those credits in order to graduate will be given priority enrollment. Students who have received a D in English or History may also request an opportunity to improve their grade in summer school, but enrollment to these students will be given on a first-come, first-served basis based on space in the program. Registration forms are now available in the counseling office. The deadline to register for AUSD Summer School is Friday, May 4 or before. If you need to make up credits for English or History classes that you've earned a D or F in, please turn in your registration forms by May 4 or before. Early registration is encouraged as changes can me made up to the day Summer School begins. Enrollment space is limited. Forms are in the counseling office.
- Seniors: If you have not yet ordered your cap and gown, please stop by the Main Office to get information packet.
- Don't miss the AHS Dance Department's Spring Dance Concert "Inside Out" Thursday, May 3 at 7 pm and Friday, May 4 at 6:00 and 8:15 pm in the Little Theater. Come support your favorite dancers from Dance 1, Dance 2, Albany Dance Company and Albany Hip Hop Crew. Tickets are $5 for students and AHS Staff, and $10 for adults. They are available now on Brownpapertickets.com.
- Prom is right around the corner, June 2nd. Prom tickets on sale next week for $90, 5/1-5/4. Also sold again 5/21 – 5/25 for $95. Dance agreements and list of people who qualify for $5 off prom tickets because of Spring Fling is available on the leadership board.
- Last day to turn in Senior Retreat permission slips is Tuesday, May 1st! Permission slips can be picked up in Attendance Office.
College and Career
- Hey Juniors the counselors are hosting a Financial aid night just for you and your families on Wednesday May 2nd from 7:00 - 8:30 pm in the library. Don't miss out on leaning about what colleges offer the most merit-based scholarship money, state vs private college and how to pay for your future.
- In this week’s College Visit line-up, we had University of Toronto this morning. Louisiana State University will visit on Wednesday and Evergreen State will be on campus Thursday. Sign up and see details in Naviance. Space is limited so sign-up today!
- Cougars: The Graduate for Mas Challenge ends today. We still have a chance to earn the $3000 grant! Just go to getschooled.com and complete the Graduate for Mas badge today!
Clubs and Teams
- Math Club will be held today in Room 313.Come, cuz we have candy!
- Best Buddies Party is Thursday, May 3rd during lunch in Room 219.