Block B Schedule
- Principal Ritchie's Friday food for thought. This week I was thinking about the men and women who help keep our school clean. I really appreciate the efforts of our custodial team Mike, Kenny, Kaye, Juan and all of the others who work together to keep our school and classrooms ready for us each day. Please help respect their efforts by cleaning up your food wrappers in the cafe and around campus and by keeping the restrooms in top shape.
- One of the staff bathrooms on the third floor has been converted into a student-use all gender single stall bathroom. It is available to anyone and everyone who would like to use it and it does not require a staff key. More information will be posted on the bulletin board in front of the main office. If there are any questions, Principal Ritchie or Senior Jack Morton can help. Please be respectful of the space and responsible with this restroom, thank you.
- The Psat test will be on Saturday, October 14 at Albany High. The cost is $25 and students can pay on Myschoolbucks, or with exact change, or check payable to AUSD from the book room starting today. Juniors have priority through 9/28. Sept. 29- Oct. 3: Sophomores. Oct.11-12: All other students. More details are posted on the Albany High website and outside the book room.
- Picture Retake day is Friday, Sept. 29. If you did not have your picture taken before you will receive a pass to go to the library to have your picture taken. You can pick up order forms in the attendance office. If you want to retake your picture you must turn in your original package to the photographers. Pick up pictures in the attendance office Asap so that you can decide whether you want a retake.
College and Career
- Jrs. & Srs: Interested in Government in Law? Apply for the District Attorney's Justice Academy! Flyers are available in the Main Lobby newsstand. Applications are available in the Counseling Department. For more information about Daja, visit, alcoda.org.
- Do you need cash for college? If so, you should attend our free Fafsa workshop next week, at 6:30pm in the Library. Space is limited, so register today by going to bit.ly/C4CatAHS17.
- In today's college visit line-up, we have Marist College in the Counseling Office Conference Room at 2pm. See Naviance for details. Next week we welcome Ucsb, Menlo, Oberlin, Case Western, Oregon, Macalester, Holyoke, U.S.F,M.I.T., Sarah Lawrence and Chapman. Sign up in the Counseling Department.
Clubs and Teams
- There is a mandatory Girls Tennis meeting today during lunch in Room 309.
- Online winter sports registration will take place from Oct. 1 at 8am – Nov. 2 at 3pm. If you already played a sport this year, you still need to update your athletic registration for the sport you’d like to play. Don’t forget to upload your medical form to your online account. No hard copies accepted. Online registration can be found at GoAlbanyAthletics.org
- Best Buddies Club Meeting during lunch in Room 219 on Thursday, October 5th.
- Stem Club’s first meeting is Friday, Room 310 at lunch.
- Come to robotics Club at lunch on Friday in Room 310!
- Bake forCharity Club’s first bake sale today after school in front of art building, proceeds go to Bay Area Rescue Mission.
- To all members of Science Olympiad, please remember that we are meeting afterschool on Monday, October 2nd in Room 301.